Love of Learning. Standing tall. Make a difference
At Lowton St Mary’s, we will help children develop a sense of respect, tolerance and self-confidence. A genuine ‘love of learning’ is nurtured through vibrant and engaging, high quality learning experiences and excellent staff development.
As a church school at the heart of our local community, Christian values of Compassion, Endurance/Resilience, Forgiveness, Friendship, Koinonea and Wisdom support our spiritual and moral development as we grow and learn together in a happy, safe and secure environment.
Children, staff, parents and governors are innovative thinkers, able to work collaboratively and independently in an exciting and supportive learning culture.
We are a welcoming, friendly and caring inclusive school, committed to working in partnership with parents, governors and the Church.
We have the highest expectations of each other and ourselves and feel a sense of worth and of contributing towards something extraordinary.
Aims of the School
- To be an inclusive school in which all learners are given equality of opportunity and treated fairly.
- To provide academic excellence by providing highly effective teaching and learning and by promoting the moral, cultural, spiritual, social and physical development of our pupils.
- To provide a rich and varied curriculum, in line with national requirements, that ensures that all children are challenged to achieve their best, have high aspirations and become confident, independent learners in exciting and well- managed classrooms.
- In developing Christian values we will aim for all children to have respect and understanding for different cultures and religions and we will prepare pupils positively for life in modern Britain and promote fundamental British values.
- The value of a learning environment where all are excited, where change and challenge are evident, and all are prepared to take risks and unafraid to fall short in pursuit of ambitious goals.
- The value of realising and celebrating everyone’s talents in order to develop high self-esteem in all.
- Develop a lively, enquiring mind through an environment that fosters curiosity, and the ability to observe, question and discuss.
- To provide a happy, welcoming, safe and stimulating environment which promotes curiosity, creativity, enjoyment and interest in all aspects of learning
- To develop flourishing school, home, church and community links.